If you’ve never been here before, DON’T SKIP THIS is a handy introduction to this place. There is over 15 years of content hiding around here and some of it remains relevant.
I’ve been writing here since April of 2002. I tend to write two significant pieces a month.
If you find my writing useful, tell me about it. If you want to take a step further, I suggest you check out my Amazon wish list. I think rewarding good writing with more good writing keeps the planet karmically aligned.
Related Randsables. If you’re interested in speaking, the Speaking page is a good place to start, but you can always just drop me an email, but I’d prefer if you join the Leadership Slack and DM me there. I’ve written books. You should read them.
Opinions. The opinions expressed on this website are entirely my own. I never speak for my employer, my friends, my dog, or you. In many of my articles, I often refer to specific people as a means of telling the story… making a point. These people do not exist – I am not writing about you – they are fabrications that are specifically constructed to make a point. There are traits, quirks, or situations involving co-workers and friends that I borrow to construct the personas in my stories, but these small slices of personality do not a person make.
Removed Articles. This blog has existed for for almost twenty years and during that time I’ve permanently removed some older articles. Two reasons:
- The article did not age well and/or it no longer reflected my opinions on particular topic.
- More importantly, the article was offensive. Early in the history of this weblog, I believed being provocative and outrageous was the way to get attention. I was wrong. I am deeply ashamed of this early work and I apologize for the publication. I hope my work since then demonstrates my values and how I am continuing to learn as a leader.
Gender. I flip-flop using he and her throughout posts. I wish there was a useful genderless pronoun.
Comments.My comment policy is simple:
Post whatever you like. I won’t edit content or attribution of any comment. However, I’ll delete whatever comment I like.
I don’t delete comments willy-nilly. If something is deleted, it’s off-topic, adds no value, and/or involves a personal attack.
Your first comment to this place will need to be approved by me. Your second one won’t.
Design & Technology:
- Site design by Alex King.
- Webfonts served by H&Co.
- This is a WordPress joint.
- I recently moved this place to WP Engine and I’m incredibly happy with the service.
- I sound like a fortune cookie on Twitter – here’s the archive.
- There’s the Leadership Slack channel where all things leadership are discussed. If you’re interested in joining, please drop me a note.
- I’ve been giving podcasting a whirl along with Lyle for a bit. Here’s the feed the The Important Thing.
- There’s the full RSS feed and a feed that just contains the long form content.
- Instagram remains a great visual journal of where I am. Yes, I know my wife is superior at Instagram.
Finally, there’s a frequently updated Rands Newsletter. New content is posted here but also links to things that you might find of interest. Type your mail and bonk subscribe if you’re interested: