Are we still calling these weblogs? I don’t think so. I feel with all the tweeting, likes, and social whatever that the term weblog has become antiquated, yet, here you are reading my… weblog?
If you’ve never been here before, DON’T SKIP THIS is a handy introduction to the content. There is over 10 years of content hiding around here and some of it remains relevant.
This is where I write. This is my Cave.
I’ve been writing here since April of 2002. I tend to write two significant pieces a month, but with the most recent version of the site, I’ve created Excerpts, which are shorter posts that hopefully don’t turn this place into a linkblog.
If you find my writing useful, tell me about it. If you want to want to take a step further, I suggest you check out my Amazon wish list. I think rewarding good writing with more good writing keeps the planet karmically aligned.
Opinions. The opinions expressed on this website are entirely my own. I never speak for my employer, my friends, my dog, or you. In many of my articles, I often refer to specific people as a means of telling the story… making a point. These people do not exist – I am not writing about you – they are fabrications that are specifically constructed to make a point. There are traits, quirks, or situations involving co-workers and friends that I borrow to construct the personas in my stories, but these small slices of personality do not a person make.
I go out of my way to never borrow traits, ideas, or personalities from my current set of co-workers and leaders without the express consent. That would be bad form.
Gender. I flip-flip using he and she in posts. I wish there was a useful genderless pronoun.
Comments. Much to the chagrin of a lot of friends, I still have comments on this weblog. My comment policy is simple:
Post whatever you like. I won’t edit content or attribution of any comment. However, I’ll delete whatever comment I like.
I don’t delete comments willy nilly. If something is deleted, it’s off-topic, adds no value, and/or involves a personal attack.
- Site is hosted by MediaTemple.
- Built on the Crowd Favorite’s Carrington.
- Running the latest version of WordPress (R.I.P. MoveableType).
- Webfonts served by H&Co.
- I sound like a fortune cookie on Twitter – here’s the archive.
- There’s the full RSS feed and a feed that just contains the long form content.
- All articles are announced on a mailing list if RSS isn’t your thing.
- Instagram remains a great journal of where I am. Yes, I know my wife is superior at Instagram.
- There’s the Leadership Slack channel where all things leadership are discussed. If you’re interested in joining, please drop me a note.
- Quora, too.