If you’ve never been here before, DON’T SKIP THIS is a handy introduction to this place. There is over 10 years of content hiding around here and some of it remains relevant.
I’ve been writing here since April of 2002. I tend to write two significant pieces a month.
If you find my writing useful, tell me about it. If you want to take a step further, I suggest you check out my Amazon wish list. I think rewarding good writing with more good writing keeps the planet karmically aligned.
Opinions. The opinions expressed on this website are entirely my own. I never speak for my employer, my friends, my dog, or you. In many of my articles, I often refer to specific people as a means of telling the story… making a point. These people do not exist – I am not writing about you – they are fabrications that are specifically constructed to make a point. There are traits, quirks, or situations involving co-workers and friends that I borrow to construct the personas in my stories, but these small slices of personality do not a person make.
I go out of my way to never borrow traits, ideas, or personalities from my current set of co-workers and leaders without their express consent. That would be bad form.
Gender. I flip-flop using he and her throughout posts. I wish there was a useful genderless pronoun.
Comments. Much to the chagrin of a lot of friends, I still have comments on this weblog. My comment policy is simple:
Post whatever you like. I won’t edit content or attribution of any comment. However, I’ll delete whatever comment I like.
I don’t delete comments willy-nilly. If something is deleted, it’s off-topic, adds no value, and/or involves a personal attack.
- Site is hosted by MediaTemple.
- Built on the Crowd Favorite’s Carrington.
- Running the latest version of WordPress (R.I.P. MoveableType).
- Webfonts served by H&Co.
- I sound like a fortune cookie on Twitter – here’s the archive.
- There’s the Leadership Slack channel where all things leadership are discussed. If you’re interested in joining, please drop me a note.
- There’s the full RSS feed and a feed that just contains the long form content.
- All articles are announced on a mailing list if RSS isn’t your thing.
- Instagram remains a great journal of where I am. Yes, I know my wife is superior at Instagram.
- Quora, too.