There’s a new version of Rands in Repose in the works. I’ve got lots to say about the whole redesign process and how it sucks every single once of creativity out of your life, but right now, I’m thinking about buying a new camera.
My eye is instantly drawn to textures. I was stumbling around Boston last summer and took more photos of various forms and arrangements of brick than anything else. My current kick is taking close-up shots of asphalt during various times of the day.
Yes, I might be losing it.
Anyhow, I’ve got Sony 5 mega pixel Cybershot on loan right now and I’m digging the sea of pixels, but I’ve gotta give it back, so I’d like to ping the weblog-o-sphere for camera advice.
What I need… prioritized:
- Small, small, small.
- Battery life is a big deal, I’m away from juice for long periods of time
- Fast flash reload — I need to be able to take several pictures quickly
- I’m willing to pay $100-$200, but not much more. I’m not a pro
- 5 mega pixels is fine, but it’s not a requirement
- Zoom is not a big deal for me
- I really don’t need to take shoot movies, I have a video camera